Now more than ever South Australians understand the importance of a well resourced Mental Health system that responds to an individual’s needs for support in the community. The Mental Health Coalition released a report from PwC which pointed out the economic case for supporting this system and outlined our four key asks for this coming State Election.
The MHCSA is calling for;
- A strategy to reduce gaps in our community mental health support system by 50% within 3 years.
- The elimination of avoidable mental health presentations in emergency departments.
- Access to suitable sustainable housing that allows people to recover and remain well.
- Embedding the expertise of Lived Experience in system design, delivery and governance.
The 2022 MHCSA Mental Health Forum will bring together key representatives of the Parties currently in State Parliament and ask them to present their vision for South Australia’s Mental Health services and respond to the MHCSA PwC Findings.
Moderated by David Washington, Editorial Director, Solstice Media. Invited panellists are;
- Liberal Party, Hon Stephen Wade MLC, Minister for Health and Wellbeing
- SA Labor, Mr Chris Picton, Opposition Spokesperson for Health and Wellbeing
- SA Best, Hon Connie Bonaros MLC
- Greens, Hon Tammy Franks MLC
Panellists will gather in the Allan Scott Auditorium at the University of South Australia where the event will be broadcast live via the MHCSA Facebook page. You can participate in this virtual presentation with questions for the panel being taken via our Facebook page.